A workaround for this was posted by C-141XLer @ gottabe mobile
Here are the steps I took to get it working
1. Stop igfxpers.exe (Persistence) from starting up on windows load, by unchecking it to start in a startup modifier. I used Glary Utilities but the simple tool Autoruns should do it. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s…/bb963902.aspx
2. stop the igfxpers.exe process in task manager, this is so you don’t have to restart. It should not start again if you did step 1 right.
3. Now you can rotate all 4 directions using the mobility center(search vista apps), Still blocked from using the intel app or button for all rotations.
4. To make it easier to rotate install the app called irotate, this will allow you to change it easily from the system tray. http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/irotate.shtm
That does the trick for me, let me know how it works.
[From: Work around for screen rotation 2710p/2730p found - Tablet PC Forums, Discussion and Support]
Have a look at http://www.gottabemobile.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7812 for experiences on installation of W7 RC on my HP 2710p.
Hope it can help.
[From: Tablet PC and Mobile PC Forums - 2730p, WIndows 7 and Intel graphics drivers]
Having tested the previous post, I found a few minor issues (wrong orientation of resume from standby), so have investigated further and found an easier method that keeps the original FjRotate.exe app in place.
1. Run Regedit and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fujitsu\Display Controls\Display Profiles.
2. Click on \Docked Protrait Profile\Monitor #1 and change the value of orientation to 1.
3. Repeat step 2 for \Undocked Protrait Profile\Monitor #1.
That’s it. Should rotate ok and be correct on resume from standby/switch on.
[From: Tablet PC and Mobile PC Forums - P1610 Rotate For Lefties]
TabletMagic for TabletPCs – InsanelyMac Forum
So, to fix the startup issue, try editing the file /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic.plist and add -d to the ProgramArguments section.
[From: TabletMagic for TabletPCs - InsanelyMac Forum]